Monday, November 19, 2007

Wanderings

Yesterday afternoon, we went a-wandering around downtown. We parked somewhere up King Street and ambled down and around, to Broad to East Bay. We stopped and had a yummy lunch at South End Brewery. Then stood outside another restaurant while I begged Jason to go in and ask, "Hey where's Ya Damn Pastry Chef?" But he wouldn't do it.

So we ambled some more and then I said, "Hey, let's Walk This Way to Joan's house and knock on her front door." But he told me how far it would be and I had to admit it was too far for me. (I had worked the night before and had not slept a wink, so it was getting close to 24 hours of no sleep at that point.)

Instead we strolled back up Queen Street and saw a couple of tuff-city-kitties who sneered disdainfully at my attempts to lure them close enough to pet.

Once home, I passed out around three while watching The Barbarians on the History Channel, once again apologizing to Jason for my rude ancestors. He cooked me a yummy supper despite the fact.

I'm supposed to paint ceilings today. Yawn. Soon. I swear. Just as soon as I finish this cup of coffee. And take a shower. And do the laundry. And vacuum the rug. And go buy more coffee creamer. And line edit that short story.

I promise.

Thor sez: Oh, I've heard all this before.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I should have bumped into you walking
;)