Thursday, November 29, 2007

Thor's Day!

One batch of cookies down, and no Heather, thank you, but I do not need cookies. Since I am the only one with an over-active sweet-tooth in this house, guess who ends up eating all the candy and cookies and pastries?

I'm not big on the whole baking thing and over the years, baking chocolate chip cookies at Christmas became one of our traditions. So, I am preparing some for the mini-Christmas package.

I actually mixed up the dough last night. And while I was doing so, Jason came wandering in with Thor.

"Thor wants to help." I was told. Thor collaborated this with a longing glance at the ingredients strewn across the counter.

"Really?" I replied, "He wants to help? Like Man-Child used to help me with this every year?"

"Yes, exactly."

"So, he is going to help soften the butter, measure the ingredients, try one practice stir, disappear, return for the first warm cookie out of the oven, then disappear until the entire batch is finished?"

"No, he just wants to sniff everything, leave a few cat hairs in the dough, then disappear."


Thor sez: My hairs are clean!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's OK, I just send them with Tim to work.

Thankfully I don't have much of a sweet tooth.