Thursday, December 28, 2006

Year in Review

Shamelessly stolen from Geoff.

Very interesting. The resulting Microsoft Word document reminded me of the story told by Philip Roth, in which he found (in a diner I believe) a single page with nineteen sentences written on it. He then used each of these sentences as the first line of his novels.

2006 Kittens on the Keyboard Review:

January 2006:

It's just not fair.

February 2006:

"America is addicted to oil, which is often imported from unstable parts of the world."

March 2006:

My property sits on the banks of Church Creek, a tiny tributary twisting off the Ashley River.

April 2006:

Last Friday evening, to great rejoicing throughout the land, well, throughout the house, Jason found Loki's red and white polka dot ball.

May 2006:

My mom bought me a diary for my tenth birthday.

June 2006:

Jason planted an herb garden in a big wooden tub right outside the back porch.

July 2006:

I watched the shuttle take off yesterday.

August 2006:

Some time back, I wrote an email message to my (well, to the rich, white, male, heterosexual members of the 1st District's) representative, the lovely Henry Brown.

September 2006:

How many people out there knew that while every major news network and every local channel were chasing poor little Ernesto up the coast there was a Category 4 hurricane beating the heck out of the Mexican coast and a Super Typhoon rampaging across the Pacific?

October 2006:

I've been a little sad all summer.

November 2006:

We will be out of town for the next couple of days.

December 2006:

Long, long ago at a hospital far, far away, I was enthralled by a co-worker’s description of her Christmas celebration back home.

Sweetest Picture of 2006:

Loki by JAZ

No comments: