Friday, December 29, 2006

Rest in Peace

Not exactly what I wanted to hear, but what I knew. Poor little guy. He just got worse and worse as the day went on. By the time Chad the vet saw him, I was basically just waiting for a second opinion.

Intestinal tumors, definately one huge one, possibly a second one. No need to do x-rays or blood work, Sutu was practically comatose by then.

As always, not the decision I wanted to make, but the right one to make. I've never had a doubt when it came down to the moment to decide. Every time, I've known that it was the absolute right thing to do. And no different today.

So, we buried him out in the cat cemetary with Miss Kitty and Conan. I let the kittens see his body before we did, it seemed to help Sutu when Miss Kitty died. Thor stayed with him and seemed to recognize what had happened, he sniffed and nuzzled a bit.

Loki, on the other hand, hissed and ran and is still hiding under the bed. I'm half worried because he was the closest to Sutu. But Loki also spent most of the day going in the cabinet where Sutu was hiding, checking on him, so I think he knew something was happening.

So in memory of my scaredy-est of scaredy cats, one of my favorites pictures:

7 comments:

Pat said...

You have honored Sutu with your eloquent post. My heart is so very sad for you.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm sorry. Such a sweet photograph!

JanetLee said...

Thanks ya'll! He was the last of the original four cats I'd had from when I'd first moved out of my mother's home, a span of at least 20 years.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry, JanetLee. I hope Loki comes around. Sutu was a beautiful kitty.

Anonymous said...

Sad days. Poor kitty.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry about your cat. It's so hard to lose a pet.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry for your loss. Pets become a family member, and I can only imagine how hard it is to lose one that's been a part of the family for so long.