Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Time to Play..

My favorite game: what are we reading? I haven't done an expose of my unchecked biblioholism lately. Or my unseemly habit of reading four or five books at a time.

So, what are we reading?

Almost done with: Deep Survival by Laurence Gonzales. Very interesting look at the personality traits that favor survival in life threatening situations. Conclusion: I'm toast!

Thumbing through: Fodor's Budapest. Prague is getting too expensive, even for my fantasies of ex-pat status.

About half way through: Shopping for God, How Christianity Went from in Your Heart to in Your Face by James B. Twitchell. Fascinating! Must read!

Nibbling around the edges: The Far Traveler, Voyages of a Viking Woman by Nancy Marie Brown. Looks at the sagas and legends of Gudrid, sister-in-law of Eirik the Red and her travels. She may (I haven't finished yet) have been the first European woman to give birth in North America.

Fiction: American Gods by Neil Gaiman. Weird. Not saying I don't like it, it's just strange. It's my bed-time story book so unfortunately it is being read two pages at a time and I don't think I'm smart enough to maintain the storyline at that pace.

Loki sez: Perhaps you should read this one next.

No comments: