Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Deadly Lies and the Dastardly Liars Who Tell Them

What would you do if your child told you 935 lies?

What would you think of a person if human beings died as a result of 935 lies being told to you by that person?

Have you even told 935 lies in your entire life?

Nine hundred. Thirty five.

Lies told to you by the President of the United States of America and his closest advisers. A president who claims moral superiority because he is "born again". The president of the "American Values" party.

Sorry, but I got my butt smacked if I told a lie.

Truth was one of my family's American values.


Thor sez: Holy Pinocchio's nose, Batman! Even Nixon didn't lie that much!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm pretty sure they all lie to get elected......my question is "How many times do you have to lie to be a liar"? Pam, South Bend

JanetLee said...

Pam, agreed. I'm starting to go by (for politicians): how many people did your lies get killed?

Marcheline said...

In my usual role of devil's advocate, I must say the following:

The news program that announced the "935" said that 935 statements made by GWB were untrue.

It does not logically follow that they were all necessarily lies. He could have believed some or all of them to be true at the time, and they turned out to be false.

Of course I think all politicians lie, so I'm not saying he wasn't lying, he was probably lying through his teeth.

I'm just saying that because something someone says isn't true doesn't mean they know that at the time they make the statement.

Or something like that.

- M