Sunday, January 06, 2008

Sunday Afternoon

"Honey, I need to blog today."

"Okay."

"But I need something to blog about."

"Napoleon."

"Napoleon? The cat? The dessert? The Emperor?"

"Uh-huh."

"But I don't know anything about the Emperor."

"He invaded Russia in 1812."

"Yeah, and that was a big success."

I once saw my cat Napoleon jump at least four feet and snatch an escaping bird right out of the air. My mom had said he had the same color as a Russian blue, which is why I named him Napoleon, which just proves my point that I don't know anything about the Emperor Napoleon.

Napoleon snoozing, circa 1979. (for some scale, that hot 70's orange pillow was 18x18)
I know, I'm boring.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You were inside yesterday?
Shame on you.
Actually, I'm just jealous, my personal blog is being so neglected lately. I'm going to set up two meet ups this month. One will be a super casual drop in at Kudu and I have no idea about the other.. .yet.

JanetLee said...

Heather - I was out earlier, picking up the ten million branches that have fallen out of the oak tree. And feeding the squirrels? Does that count?

Anonymous said...

Absolutely. We were @ my moms kids chased chickens, helped build a fence and got to ride horses a little bit. Perfect weather for it.

Margo said...

Not boring at all - Napoleon was a very cool cat! ;)