Monday, August 25, 2008

Sleep, Glorious Sleep!

As a part time insomniac, there is nothing I love more than emerging from the land of nod and realizing I've not merely been asleep, I've been in a coma.

My phototherapy-induced-want-to-rip-my-eyeball-out migraine lasted all day Saturday and all that night while I stared into the lights some more (one co-worker once got her sunglasses out of her purse and wore them while dealing with these lights and I'm thinking I might do the same, I have prescription sunglasses). Sunday, Jason had the joy of watching me wallow around, wishing my brain would just explode so it would stop hurting. Scenes such as: sneeze, ouch, that hurt, sneeze OUCH, sneeze, OUCH DAMN IT THAT FREAKING HURTS YOU STUPID BRAIN, STOPPING SNEEZING.

I went to bed around 8:30 p.m. with the idea that I would try to read. Why I thought I could read when looking at the computer monitor hurt and trying to watch TV hurt (made me miss Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire), I don't know.

But when I swam back to consciousness around 9:30 a-Freaking-m this morning I realized that I'd never heard Jason rounding up the cats or coming to bed. I never heard his alarm go off or him get out of bed this morning. I never heard nothing until Thor meowed directly in my ear, probably checking to see if I was still alive.

It is amazing what a little sleep will do for you. I'm ready to paint those ceilings.

Not.

Thor sez: I didn't think you were dead. Our breakfast was gone and our crunchie bowl was half empty and I was afraid we were going to starve to death before Daddy got home!

No comments: