Saturday, August 16, 2008

Easily Amused

Jason brought home a stack of books for review the other day. One of them, Traffic Why We Drive the Way We Do (and What It Says About Us) by Tom Vanderbilt, came with a boxed five CD set so you could listen while you were driving.

That was a delicious laugh.

And what I often do while driving is listen to the same CD over and over and over and over while singing along at the top of my lungs and pretending I am actually a decent singer.

Which is not true.

I cycle through moods with the music. Sometimes it is Led Zep. Sometimes it is Bach (hard to sing along with though). Many times I indulge my passion for all things Van Morrison. The man could sing the telephone book and I'd listen to every last note. After a brief flirtation with Duffy(loved) and the Wilson Twins (okay), I've recently returned to my favorite mood enhancing sound:

Barenaked Ladies.

Now, I do love the live version of Brian Wilson simply because I get goosebumps thinking about what a rush it must be for an artist to have an entire coliseum of people singing along with his song. It reminds of my musician son's comment that one day he'd like to have a symphony orchestra backing up one of his songs.

But it seems my finger automatically finds the seek button in order to play these two over and over again:

If I Had A Million Dollars

Yoko Ono

Now, don't you just feel better now?

Thor sez: Don't blame it on Loki!

No comments: