Friday, August 22, 2008

For The Birds


I've been watching the hummingbirds. Yes, I have nothing better to do. Mr. and Mrs. Hummingbird continue to guard their treasure, and Interloper continues to attempt grand larceny, being the juvenile male that I think he is.

What I've noticed is that Interloper seems to be playing with Mrs. Hummingbird. She likes to sit on her perch. Interloper will hover behind her, zooming left and right as she looks back over her shoulder until she spots him. And the chase is on.

And this this is a young Mockingbird, out by himself, being all Billy Bad Ass, chasing all the other birds away.

This is the same bird, acting the baby when Momma shows up. Check out the lifted up foot. With an act like that, he must be a teenager in bird years.

I put up a third hummingbird feeder, hoping to give Interloper a place at the table in Front Yard Land. But he hasn't used it yet.I can't imagine why not.

No comments: