Monday, August 18, 2008

Moody Monday

In case you haven't heard - it is probably going to rain on Thursday. I don't think life as we know it will end that day despite what local weather people say. I think it's going to rain.

If you are a Christian (or even not), I strongly recommend Where's Your Jesus Now? by Karen Spears Zacharias. Despite its snarky title, it has a very pro-Christian message. If believers of all faiths could follow the author's example, much would be better in our world.

I now had a third person leave a note on my door, extolling their expertise in house painting and powerwashing. For Pete's sake. It doesn't look that bad.

We had to go to WalMart yesterday because I needed a bucket and a mop and where else can you obtain these items at eight a.m. on a Sunday morning? Jason managed to help me stave off the WalMart stupor by making me laugh.

Jason: Hey, look! There's Biffle and Allison.

A few minutes later:

Jason: Is that all we need?
Me: Oh wait! We need toilet paper.
Jason: Shit!

I know, I'm easily amused and I think he was trying to make up for the fact that he heartily disapproved of my plan to flash Look-I'm-The-Friendly-Christian-Guy who was waving at vehicles passing by one of the cultish fundie type churches. (Where once I was told that you had to say your prayers out loud or Satan! would steal your prayer before it got to God. I asked, what about mutes? And got the skank eye. But I thought it was a legitimate question.)


Thor sez: You give me such a headache when you act like this!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Ms. Lee. Send me a snail mail addy and I'll send you an autographed Moon Pie for mentioning Where's Your Jesus Now? on the blog. I appreciate you reading the book and recommending it to others.

JanetLee said...

Karen - I was proud to recommend your book. My fella is a writer and picked it up for review and I, like I always do, stole it out of his stack. I'll be recommending it to everyone I can think of because I really feel that we need to move beyond the politics of fear, we need to become hopeful and optimistic again.