Monday, June 01, 2009

Slow Start Monday

Ugh. Groggy and slow this morning. I need to get outside to my patio project before it gets too hot. I need to get my brain awake to get started outlining the research I'm doing for another project.

Thor has a vet appointment this afternoon. After last week's round of barfing, he seemed better, but starting yesterday has been dry heaving. He seemed a little "off" yesterday also. Not lethargic, he was doing his usual activities but just extra sleepy. He seems to have lost some weight also. Still eating and drinking and using the potty.

Getting him in the carrier after just going to the vet last week will be interesting.

Thor sez: What's this I'm overhearing?

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Even though I'm not a cat person (don't tell Psycho that) I hope that Thor is OK.

Anonymous said...

I'm anxious to hear how Thor did
Pam South Bend

JanetLee said...

Thor is extremely upset and highly offended. We got in in the cage just fine - I hid it under a blanket and he didn't know what it was until he was in.

He had a -probably hairball caused- fecal impaction. We caught it fairly early. He was given sub-Q fluids and an enema. He was not happy about that! He had good results before we left the vet. Thankfully, as it is a 30 minute drive home.

He's had two more bowel movements since we got home and one episode of vomiting, which the vet said he probably would.

He is to get no food until tomorrow and then we'll just give him hairball medicine every day and watch to see what happens. He is laying on the bedroom floor right now, looking thoroughly pissed off. Which I suppose he has a right to be.

Heather Solos said...

I'm glad you caught that early and that he's doing better.

Anonymous said...

Wow. Glad you caught that early. I've never heard of fecal impaction. ICK! Hugs to Thor and Loki from their AZ friends Barnum, Linus, Thelma, JD and Lucy.

Pat

Anonymous said...

WOW...fecal impaction....today I'm getting a scan for diverticulitus (SP).....hope I don't also have a hairball....how embarassing would that be???? Hope Thor is back to his normal self soon. Pam, South Bend

JanetLee said...

Thanks everyone! Thor seems much better this morning. He was a little grumpy about no food last night.

Loki, on the other hand, is still hiding and growling at his brother. We think he has a persecution complex.