Monday, June 22, 2009

75% Complete!

In a two day river of sweat, I sprinted against Mother Nature to finish most of the patio project. (It'll probably never rain again this summer now.)
Before:

The mud hole we lived with for a month while Mother Nature refilled the lakes:

Nearly finished:

Nearly finished because eventually, I want to put a glider out there and an arch to train the jasmine to grow on instead of the porch rail.

Thor sez: I'm still mad at you for not letting me help spread the sand. I'm an excellent sand spreader, just check out the litter box.

3 comments:

Pam said...

Wow! It looks great. I can't believe you've been out there doing this in the hot weather - a river of sweat for sure! I mowed grass yesterday and today (for just a little bit) and it was pretty horrible.

Anonymous said...

Sweet....very Sweet...
Pam, South Bend

JanetLee said...

Thanks, y'all. I've still got to get some pine straw and pull up the bricks around the old beds and I need another bag of paving sand to dump on top and sweep into the cracks.