Tuesday, April 01, 2008

May I Gloat?

Just a teeny-tiny bit? Please? You see, most of the time in this household it is Jason saying to me, "You mean you haven't _____?" Fill in the blank with "read this book" or "seen this movie" or "heard this album".

And thus yesterday when I received a reply of "Who?" to my announcement that Dith Pran had passed away, as sad as I was about the planet's loss of that remarkable man, I also felt a little teeny-tiny bit of gloat as I got to ask....

"You mean you haven't seen The Killing Fields?"

Now, I'm not such a humanitarian saint that I just knew who Dith Pran was on his own merits, no. I stumbled upon his story in my quest to feed my insane school girl crush on Sam Waterston, he of original Law and Order fame. I know, I know, but I'm a sucker for a guy with big brains and talent.

For a full sampler of Sam's talent range, start with The Man in the Moon, then move on to The Killing Fields, and finish off with Serial Mom. Of course, you can see him in his all his righteous indignation every day on the Law and Order channel......I mean TNT.

And of course, I just had to trot right on out this morning and rent a copy of The Killing Fields. So Jason could see it, of course.


Thor sez: Oh my Ceiling Cat, you're weird.

No comments: