Friday, April 11, 2008

So So Bad

I was so tired when I left work this morning that I probably shouldn't have been driving. Sort of. The thought of going home usually perks me up enough to get home, but I had to stop at the grocery store on my way and ended up sitting for 10 minutes in Highway 61 traffic. Ten minutes. To go less than 1/4 mile. Snore...zzzz.

But there I was wandering the aisles in a semi-stupor looking for white kidney beans and a can of fire roasted tomatoes so I can make my semi-notorious Andouille sausage and white beans for dinner tonight.

Some how I ended up with: two bags of peanuts (for the squirrels), a bottle of wine, a Coke (WTF?), four cans of cat food, a can of store brand almonds, Triscuits, a smoky cheddar and bacon cheese ball, a completely unripe avocado and two bottles of juice.

For real. Many years ago, I got up after sleeping all day and when I peeked in the fridge, I asked the man-child why on earth he had purchased bacon horseradish dip.

Seems I'd purchased it in a similar sleep deprived shopping spree.

It tasted like something from some part of a horse, I can tell you that!

Loki sez: Ah perfect! Even half asleep, you buy the shredded. Almost time to suddenly prefer loaf. Just waiting for you to buy in bulk.

No comments: