Tuesday, April 15, 2008

I'm Trying to Behave Myself

I've sworn off the news lately. If I hear the word "bitter" or the initials "FLDS" one more time, my head might explode.

First off, if the networks can get days and days and days of coverage over one freaking word (and, yes, I don't think describing people who have had their jobs shipped overseas by greedy corporations getting tax refunds to do so, people who have had their local, state and federal government fail them repeatedly in bringing good jobs back to their communities, I don't think describing their feelings about this as bitter is all that horrible), then they aren't doing their jobs. I'm sure something else happened on the planet somewhere.

Second off, I'm really sick of the debate over whether the pedophile farm in Texas has had its religious rights violated. Hell no, they did not. Any adult who wants to enter into a plural marriage, any adult female who wants to debase herself in such a manner, needs to be allowed to do so.

But not children. Period. The end.

Notice how there are few boys? I've heard that this cult takes the teenage boys away and drops them off in cities to fend for themselves. So there will more nubile barely pubescent girls for the 40, 50 and 60 year old men to molest. Oh, I'm sorry, I mean to "spiritually marry" and have sex with in some bed in the sanctuary. For real, a special bed in the CHURCH where they rape their 13, 14 year old victims. In the name of their God.

And I'll just stop right there.


Loki sez: Ceiling Cat doesn't believe in the subjugation of women and children, just in the offerings of cat nip and belly rubs!

No comments: