Saturday, March 31, 2007

Love Pinky?

Yesterday, at my local grocery, I was standing in the check out line, gently chiding the young man ringing up my purchases because he did not seem to know what many of the veggies were. I told him he needed to be eating more fresh fruits and veggies. He agreed and my mom-moment was complete.

Then I was distracted by a not so young lady (well along in her 20's) who came in to purchase cigarettes. She wore a pair of lime green, low cut sweat pants and across the just a little too wide expanse of her backside, in black block letters were the words: Love Pinky.

I'm glad I am too old to have a clue about this.



Mr. and Mrs. Cardinal wait in the green room at Cat TV.

5 comments:

Pat said...

I don't think it's a matter of age, Janet!

Anonymous said...

Did you also spot the ubiquitous "tat" placed in the middle of the very low end of the back, just above the obligatory thong indicator? I vaguely remember peer pressure of my time, and I am happy that in those days we were not stylistically driven to tattoos and self-exposure. As a middle aged man with no children, I cannot imagine what parents must feel when their children try so hard to exude their sexuality.

JanetLee said...

No tattoo, at least not that I saw, distracted as I was by the lime green and Love Pinky.

Marcheline said...

I, too, am glad that I did not grow up with the peer pressures for tattoos and self-exposure.

I started that on my own once I was an adult, just because I really liked it!

- M

Anonymous said...

FWIW, I've heard those tattoos referred to as 'tramp stamps.'