Friday, March 30, 2007

But are they outraged?

My Sweet Lord is "one of the worst assaults on Christian sensibilities ever".

Okay, I know I'm not a Christian, but I find Chocolate Jesus sort of funny. I mean, it's way better than that other guy who did something with Jesus and toilets. That was disgusting and rude and designed to offend.

I just find the fuss (OH NOOO!! It's anatomically correct! Everyone knows Jesus didn't have a penis!) exceedingly delicious. Pun intended.

Part of the complaint is that the display is taking place during the Easter celebration.

Okay, ya'll named your most holy day after a pagan goddess of fertility, part of the accepted American celebration of this holiday involves chocolate rabbits, chocolate eggs and little marshmallow sugar chickens (all PAGAN symbols of the spring festivals, well real ones, not candy ones) and you can't see a wee bit of humor in a chocolate Jesus?

Seems like it makes more sense than chocolate pagan symbols.

But really, is it the "worst assault" ever?


Thor sez: But is Chocolate Jesus as cute as me?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought the Chocolate Jesus was funny too. There's a whole bunch of stuff going on in the world that one could be outraged about - but chocolate, in any form, just doesn't cut it (IMHO).

Marcheline said...

The only question I have is... who gets to eat the Holy Wilson?

- M

Marcheline said...

Actually, I have another question. What's the big deal? It's not REALLY JESUS... I mean, if they decided to display a rock and named the rock Jesus, would people be up in arms? It's a rock! It's a sculpture of chocolate! Whatever!

I hope that these Christians never visit Mexico. There are millions of guys running around over there calling themselves Jesus.

- M