Friday, November 21, 2008

Insomnia No More?

One of the first bits of advice you will get when dealing with insomnia is to keep your bedtime routine as stable as possible.

Not an easy task when sometimes you sleep at night and sometimes you sleep during the day.

And as it became more difficult to flip my sleep cycle, resulting in days and days and nights and nights of three hours sleep time, I finally broke down and asked my doctor for Ambien.

What a fool I have been! Why did I suffer so long?

I've been taking it for a couple of weeks now. Just one on the first day I have to sleep during the day and one on the first night I have to sleep at night.

Completely resets my internal clock.

I hardly know what to do with myself after sleeping at least seven or eight hours (or like last night 12 hours - but I had worked six 12 hours shifts in seven days and had a sore throat and low grade fever - so the semi-coma was what I needed).

The only problem, if it is one, is I do feel groggy for several hours after I wake up. Not so much when I go to work, because being up and active clears up the grogginess right away, but like today when I don't have that much to do, eh, I just sort let stuff slide.

There's always, tomorrow, right?

And what's wrong with a cat nap anyway?


Loki sez: Do you mind? The flash is waking me up. I haven't slept in at least an hour!

No comments: