Tuesday, July 15, 2008

What I've Learned Since Sunday

Bush isn't President of the United States, he is President of Big Oil. Got it. Good for them. Sucks for the rest of us.

Chugging half a liter of barium isn't quite so bad when you've been on your feet running around like a crazy person for ten hours with nothing to eat or drink.

Chugging a second half liter of barium eleven hours later isn't quite so bad when all you've ingested is a cup of tea since the last chug-a-thon.

Getting injected with CT scan contrast is the single most unusual sensation I've ever experienced, legal or non.

Wolfing down Fiery Ron's Home Team BBQ as your first meal after an extended fast, while extremely tasty, isn't the best re-introduction to digestion.

Only having two cups of coffee or tea a day does not protect one from massive caffeine withdrawal headaches.

Letting an almost 13 pound feline who has a normal body temperature around 101 degrees sleep on top of you isn't conducive to a restful night's sleep.

What I hope to learn by Friday:

Why I have had pain in my right lower abdomen on and off for the last year or so. (Well, we got the whole shortness of breath, heart palpitation mystery cleared up, so it was time to move on to mystery number two.)

That I don't have to have the second procedure that the GI doc recommended, quote: since you are going to have to have it in two years anyway, end quote. Evil freaking scope crazy fiends.

One of my new favorite pictures (taken by Jason, of course):


Loki sez: Excuse me! I'm playing with this toy right now, thank you very much.

No comments: