Friday, February 15, 2008

Tired Through and Through

Yesterday morning, I got home from work and slept from around 10:30 to a little after 2:30. I went to bed at 10pm and slept until 5am. Then I fell asleep on the couch about 7am and woke up at 10am. I had to fight the urge to just roll over and continue sleeping.

I'm tired. Down in my bones tired. It isn't depression-like tired. I have had pretty serious bouts of Seasonal Affective Disorder and it isn't that. With that, I don't care that I'm tired, I don't care that I don't feel good, I don't care that I can't participate in my own life.

This tiredness is starting to piss me off. I just want to be able to feel like I can dance around the house when a good song comes on the radio without having to plan a rest period afterwards. I just want to run my errands all in one day. I want to be able to clean the house in one day. I'm tired of resting. But if I don't rest, as I didn't during this very busy stretch at work, this is what happens. I can't stay awake.

But, today is a good day for resting. I have in my hot little hands a brand new copy of The Aristocats. So after doing a few chores, I will sit down with lunch and spend a little time with Duchess and her hero, Thomas O'Malley cat.


Thor sez: I'll practice my scales and arpeggios.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I too suffer from SAD....I check your blog every day for the cat photos.....and they ALWAYS make me smile!!! Thank you....Pam, South Bend

Anonymous said...

They make me grin too. SAC I guess. Smiling At Cats.