Tuesday, February 05, 2008

OCD Much?

I'm not really obsessive-compulsive. Really. I just have habits. We all do. Right??

For instance. When putting dishes in the sink to wash, I always put my sharp knives in the same place, facing the same way so when I reach into the soapy water, I don't slice a finger off.

I wash dishes in a particular order so that the way they go into the dish drainer is the way they go into the cabinets.

I always park in the same place at frequently frequented places. Work. WalMart. The grocery store. (I haven't found a usual spot at the new Publix yet and it is mildly stressful.)

I have a detailed evacuation plan for the kittens in case of fire. Never mind the humans, they have reasoning skills and opposable thumbs.

I take my vitamins and supplements in a particular order. (Because if you don't take the salmon oil first, then put everything else on top of it, you'll be burping up fish taste all day.)

I eat M&M's by color, saving the reds and yellows for last because those were my high school's colors (which was when this habit began). I hate and despise the new M&M colors and will give them away or eat them first. Because there was nothing wrong with the old colors!

See? I'm not OCD, but organized and efficient!

Loki sez: And no shoes in the house! Wearing shoes in the house means you are going to kill me!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved this post!!! I don't have OCD either....but... I am develpoing more HABITS as I get older....Make the bed as soon as I get up....gather all of the laundry from upstairs everyday and all empty upstairs waste baskets everyday before I got down stairs in the morning. Do laundry every weekday and put it all away...I too park in the same general area when I got to the grocery or the mall. Seems perfectly normal to me!! God Bless, Pam, South Bend

Marcheline said...

Only problem is, if you're being stalked the bad guy knows exactly which parking spot to lurk beside. Park in different places.

Predictability is only safe at home. When you are in public, always be unpredictable. Makes you less of a target.

I'm with you on facing the sharp knives point-down in the drying rack, though. Makes total sense.

JanetLee said...

But Marcheline - the bad guy would get me as I wandered around lost in the parking lot looking for my car!

True story: I came out of WalMart, went to where I park, and as I approached, I couldn't see the truck. I stopped and looked around. Went over one row, went back over to the other row. Couldn't find the truck. Held the keys up high, hit the panic button alarm thing, my own panic beginning the bubble up by now. Nothing. Not a sound. Was turning around to go back in the store to call Jason and tell him that the truck had been stolen when I walked by Jason's car. That I had driven because he'd parked behind the truck.

Margo said...

You're out of your mind. I knew there was a reason I liked you.