Thursday, August 31, 2006

While out in the wilds of the marsh yesterday (doing my E-prep by moving the lawn chairs off the edge of the creek), I walked through a spider's web. Which is a fairly common thing back there in wild creature land. I brushed myself off and went about my business.

This morning, I have a painless, purple spot on my inner forearm with two little spider fang marks barely visible. I'm hoping my arm isn't going to rot off.

Probably not.

I'm trying to decide what to do with myself today. I've taken my RNC exam, I've finished all the work books for the continuing education thing we do every three years. I've done all the laundry. I can't garden today. I can't go shopping.

Should I amuse myself by making fun of the news reports on THE STORM? (It could be a hurricane, really it could, if all we weather reporters wish hard enough and report from enough beaches and clap our hands and say "I believe", it could happen!)

Ah, let's be honest. I'll lounge on the couch, eat chocolate chip cookies and read Harry Potter in between bursts of kitten picture taking.

I declare this do-nothing day!



Thor sez: A toothbrushing a day, keeps the hurricanes away!

Editors note: That is Thor's personal toothbrush, thank you very much. I'm not that crazy or gross.

No comments: