Thursday, January 01, 2009

Happy New Year!

We spent an exciting New Year's Eve watching Burn After Reading and sleeping. Whew! Party animals, that's us.

Thor sez: Must you type so loud? Just cos you went to bed early...

I'm not big on New Year resolutions but I looked back to see how I'd done on the ones I made last year.

Ha. Haha. Hahaha.

But that's why we celebrate the turning of the year, so we can try again, right?

So this year I resolve to:

1. Fix my knee(s). Which will help with resolutions 2 and 3:

2. Get my cholesterol level down.

3. Get my fasting glucose levels down to normal (Last tests showed I was pre-diabetic, which I totally don't get - I'm not overweight, and while I don't exercise regularly, I have an extremely active job - it's not like I'm sitting at a desk all night. Literally, I can walk several miles in a 12 hour shift).

4. Actually leave my savings in my savings account. It was embarassing, the number of transfers back and forth I did last year.

Thor sez: I see no savings in your future. I see more cat toys!

By the way, it's Thor's Day!

I've been annoying him by singing the Sparta song to him using "little Thor-bee" instead of "little Sparta".

Thor sez: It isn't the song, but your off-key screeching that is annoying.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Burn After Reading was HORRIBLE - imho! Waste of time, money, talent, etc. Did you find any redeeming qualities?

JanetLee said...

I agree - it was the most disappointing Cohen Bro. film ever. Only redeeming quality was Brad Pitt's character - it was funny to watch him play it. That's about it.