Monday, March 03, 2008

Next!

I've now had more doctor visits in the last two months than I've had in the last four years combined.

We've opted for the simplest next step: blood work. Hemoglobin and hematocrit since I was anemic two years ago. Thryoid juice. Epstein-Barr (because Jason thinks I had mono late November/early December).

Karma was serving up the good stuff again, because my doc told me that I didn't have to be fasting for the tests. So I just peeked in to the lab next to her office, just to see how busy they were. And they had not a soul waiting. So I got that over and done with.

If the labs are all normal, then we will proceed to a pulmonology work up.

I'm leaning more towards the male methodology of medical management: ignore it until you drop dead.

Now I need my nap.


Loki sez: Join the pile.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I did the "ignore it until you drop dead" thing until my doctor told me that my BP of 200/150 meant that I was a stroke waiting to happen.

Anonymous said...

I follow the "ignore it until you drop dead" policy too but eventually everyone gets caught. My mother would probably be alive today if she hadn't followed that policy. You'd think I'd learn.

Hope you get feeling better soon.

Anonymous said...

Sure sign of old age: when you have more doctor's appointments on your calendar than social events! I KNOW!
Love, Auntie

Sunnie (Kaytee) said...

Oh I've been playing the ignore it until you drop thing for way too long. Jimmy has been pushing me to go to the doctor. Me, a person that was anal about having a yearly pap smear, has not had a doctor's appointment since my 6 week check up after having Jackson. He'll be 3 in August! I'm making an appointment for next month when we have our tax refund.