Friday, March 21, 2008

The Basket Case

I have this laundry basket. I bought it many years ago when the felines who resided in my home were elderly, sedate cats who had no need to strope their claws into razor sharp points.

So I bought a wicker-type basket. It was cute and a good size and cheap at Bed, Bath and Beyond.

Times change as they must and if Thor liked to occasionally sink a claw or two into the soft weave of the fiber, well, that's what cats do and I'm not going to freak out about a few puncture wounds in a cheap basket.

Then, yesterday evening, I found Loki staring intently at the basket. "Loki," I asked him, "what's going on?"

"Ummm," Loki replied, nervously licking a paw, "nothing. I'm going under the bed now. Kthnxbai."

And lo and behold once Loki's giant head was gone:


"Thor!"


"You called?"

"What are you doing?"


"Sleeping on your laundry."

"Please remove yourself, at once."


"I never get to have any fun!"

1 comment:

Marcheline said...

That last picture just breaks my heart... KILLS ME!!!! Argh - I wanna bite his little head off! What a cutie.

Have a great weekend and dye some eggs, will ya?

- M