Saturday, September 15, 2007

Of Astronauts and Dreams

Yesterday, Jason brought home the movie, The Astronaut Farmer. It was a nice little movie about a Texas rancher who builds a rocket with the intent of launching himself into space.

He runs afoul of the feds when he tries to buy 10,000 pounds (or gallons, I disremember which) of rocket fuel. This leads to his appearance, in the school gymnasium, before a panel of government suits.

One funny I will relate. Government Suit Guy asks, "How do we know you aren't building a WMD?" Rancher Farmer replies, "If I was building a weapon of mass destruction, you wouldn't be able to find it."

Bada bing!

Anyway, later on in the same scene, Rancher Farmer says that he was taught to believe that he could do anything and that (paraphrasing) was the problem today, that people no longer believed they could do anything.

I shook my head and said, "No, the problem today is that most people believe they don't need to do anything, that all they want is due to them whenever they want it and how they want it, immediately, simply because they are American."


Loki sez: I need you to get that camera out of my face while I'm napping.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The only thing cuter than a kitty's pink tongue is a baby's bare feet.....Pam , South Bend