Monday, September 17, 2007

Monday Mish Mosh

I, like many local bloggers and fans around the world, was saddened this morning to read of the death of Robert Jordan. His were the first fantasy genre books I ever read and I was in awe of, not only his storytelling skills, but his output. As one who can talk myself out of writing if I have too much laundry to do, I admire and respect the discipline he had.

Last week I received a letter from Charleston Water telling me that they were going to install new electronic water meters. All the meter readers will have to do is drive slowly by my house and the information will be sent via radio waves or something. I saw the poor fellow who reads our meters this morning and asked him if he was looking forward to the new meters. He was. See, our water table is so high, he walks from yard to yard with a hand pump and has to pump yucky water out of every meter. I can always tell he's been here by the mud slick in the middle of the yard.

We've decided on our October To The Mountains Mini Vacation. I sent the check off this morning for our cabin rental in Tellico Plains, TN. From there, we will explore the twists and turns of the Cherahala Skyway.

I'm also in the beginning stages of planning our big spring trip - a return to the desert Southwest. This time we're looking at Utah, Moab to be exact. A nice central location for Arches National Park and Canyonlands.

I just need to find dinosaur bones that are closer than Dinosaur National Monument. It's about 300 miles from Moab. But will be done if necessary.

I was supposed to go to the mall to buy new work shoes today, but I made myself stay away. The pet Halloween costumes are on display at Target and I was sorely tempted by a bumble bee hat. I must resist. It annoys the cats. But it's so funny!


Thor sez: Like this isn't funny enough?

No comments: