Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Tomorrow, Tomorrow

It's Harry Potter tomorrow.

Need I say more? I didn't think so.

Today, however, will be devoted to plot lines for the barely in-progress sort-of-new novel. Which, for me, means a lot of sitting and staring off in space. It just looks like I'm slack jawed and glassy eyed, but there is plenty going on in the old noggin, trust me.

Yesterday, I finally began to see the backbone of the story, the central event around which all will swirl. Last night, I couldn't sleep until a scene finished playing out in my mind's eye. I'm telling you, it is close to a mental illness, the way these people just show up in my head and act out their stories for me.


Thor sez: A hole in your curtains? I have no idea how that could have happened.

2 comments:

Marcheline said...

I know opening night is tomorrow, but we have "director's hall" seats (you can actually pick the exact seat you get!) for Thursday night, which for some reason was wide open! We go to zen on Wednesdays, anyhoo, so it all works out just fine. And unlike the book, we already know what happens in the movie plot, so it's not like we're ruining the surprise...

- M

JanetLee said...

M - I would prefer to go on Thursday also - all those who must see it the minute it shows will be gone, most of the parents will be holding off until the weekend, but alas, I go back to work Thursday and Wednesday is actually the most convenient day for our schedules.