Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Ah, Tuesday. The day I love my work schedule. See, I left work yesterday morning at 7:30 am and don't have to be back until 11:00 pm Friday.

But there is a drawback. I have entirely too much time on my hands. Not that I don't have enough to do. Just too much time to do it in, which lends itself to all sorts of horrible procrastination. This is why I could never own a business or be self employed, I have very little self discipline to make myself do "work" when I could just as easily be reading a marvy book.

The intent of my schedule was to allow me a long stretch in which to write. Which it has. I have one manuscript, semi-polished, ready to start making its way out in to the cold, cruel world. I have a second under way.

But I also have a house to maintain, a yard that needs attention, three cats, one pretty neat fella, an elderly mother, a couple of friends, all the books I could ever want to read and all these new interesting blogs to read.

I'm easily distracted, that's all. But last night (hint, if you even think that you might have a touch of food poisoning, don't drink two glasses of wine) I made a list. Of all the things I need to do today. Or by Wednesday. I haven't quite figured it out yet.

No comments: