Monday, December 07, 2009

More Magnolia

Over the years, visitors have carved their names on the bamboo:

A quiet back corner in the formal camellia garden:

Along the nature "bike" bath, ahem..some herons and the black bird is an anhinga:

Anhingas are water birds but don't have the oils that keep their feathers dry so you'll see them with wings outstretched to dry:

The moorhens were very upset with my walking by and they can make some scary noises, let me tell you, has nothing to do with the time I was attacked by a moorhen when I walked too close to her nest.


Thor sez: Excuse me, this is Kittens on the Keyboard, not Nature Walks on the Keyboard.
Okay, stand back, I'm going to try something "techy".
This is my son playing guitar on his ship.
Tested and safe, it won't take you to some weird place.

2 comments:

Sharon said...

Cool guitar-playing. What ship is he on?

Also, cool nature-walking. Is that near you?

JanetLee said...

Thanks Sharon. He is about to go shore duty, but was on the Oscar Austin.

I'm very lucky to live within miles of three of the most popular plantations in the area. These pictures are from Magnolia Plantation, about 4 miles from my house.