Friday, October 02, 2009

Musical Friday

It's the first of the month, which means my free Pandora radio minutes are restored. So I've been listening to my various stations this morning.

The Beatles' song "Golden Slumbers" popped up in the rotation. And I instantly recalled leaving work one morning, extremely sad about a particularly bad situation and that song was playing when I cranked up the engine.

I'm pretty sure I'll think of that situation every time I hear that song.

Just like I when I hear Gerry Rafferty's "Baker Street", I'm instantly transported to a hot summer day, backing my old Malibu out of the driveway of the Ridgewood Avenue house, on my way to Folly Beach.

Just like when I hear Robert Palmer's "Addicted to Love" I'm back at three in the morning, headed to the emergency room to pick up my ex after he finally said the wrong thing to the wrong person in the wrong bar.

How about you? Any songs trigger such specific memories?

Loki sez: Your hideous mockery, Loki Doodle Dandy, always reminds me of the horrible humiliation of being forced to wear hats designed for dogs.

No comments: