Monday, November 07, 2011

Education Monday

Due to several news stories, one local and one national, going on about child sexual abuse, I feel the need to clarify some definitions.

Heterosexual is one who is sexually attracted to people of the opposite sex.

Homosexual is one who is sexually attracted to people of the same sex.

Bisexual is one who is sexually attracted to either sex.

Pedophile is one who is sexually preys on children.

Okay? They are not interchangeable terms, nor does one mean another.

That is all. Thank you for taking a moment to think about it.

Thor sez: Just because I'm on the floor, doesn't make me a rug.

4 comments:

AbleDanger said...

Good point. I get tired of people confusing homosexual with pedophile all the time.

JanetLee said...

Me too!

Bugeyedmonster2 said...

You've been reading Bill Donohue, huh?

If this wasn't prompted by having heard about Donohue's statement of problem the Catholic Church is having, then please don't google Bill Donohue's statement.

JanetLee said...

Dear Bugeyedmonster2: Um. No. It was prompted by my brain and reasoning skills and the horror of reading the local rag's comments section.

That's all. Seriously. I thought it all up on my own.