Thursday, November 10, 2011

Believe Him!

I'm not a huge fan of Oprah, but there is one thing she has said that has stuck with me over the years as I've grown older and wiser:

People will tell you who they are. Believe them.

So, when Herman Cain, who is under fire for sexual harassment of women, called Nancy Pelosi "Princess", he showed us who he is.

Now, I don't know if the allegations are true, not true, wildly exaggerated, or what.

But, by using a degrading term for a woman in a position of power (whether you believe in her politics or not, she is a person and worthy of basic human respect), Herman Cain has show us that he does not respect women, that he will use words to denigrate them. (Did he call President Obama or any of his opponents Little Lord Fauntleroy or some equivalent degrading term?)

And, the choice to use a degrading term while under the scrutiny of the public and the media for the sexual harassment charges says to me that he is incapable of regulating his behavior or even understanding himself or others.

Or else, he does know exactly what it implies and how it would be perceived and he just doesn't give a flying fig. Which means he is a mean, bullying, vindictive man.

He told us who he is America, believe him.

Thor sez: Yeah, Princess, how about getting in the kitchen and get busy popping open those cat food cans, huh, honey?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love Thors comments.......I think he probably has a British accent..... :). Makes me smile
Pam, South Bend

Sharon said...

I feel the same, except I hear him with a Brooklyn accent.