Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Retirement Planning for the "New Economy"

Going to our company financial guy. Going to see about starving the beast that is the retirement pension that I was required to put into the stock market which was worthless after 2008 and I'm just going to shred any reports I get from them for the next 10 years or so.

Going to see about upping my payroll withdrawal up to the max on the 401k (the individual savings plan). I don't get my employee benefit of matching dollars on that one (just the stock one), but that's just what it is going to have to be.

Will spend this fall and winter preparing my house and will put it up for sale this spring. Roll profit if any, over into the 401k. (Or stuff it under my mattress, that might be safest) Downsize to an apartment where I won't have to pay taxes, carry full insurance or repairs.

Sell off most of my stuff that won't fit into an apartment.

My car is 5 years old, but only just yesterday hit 20K miles. So it should last me a while.

Hunker down and wait.

The boyz say: This new place better have good cat TV like this one.

1 comment:

Charlestonjoan said...

His office is next to mine. I think it's easier if he just gives any profits to me. I encourage him to shovel money in my door and go home early.