Monday, August 01, 2011

Monday Morning Mountain Mourning

Made good on my threats and ran away from home this weekend. Used Hendersonville as a base camp and went on a photo shoot.

Started in East Flat Rock, NC at the Carl Sandburg House

Tested my knee on a very short hike (more like a walk) to the house.

Found where the male/female protangonists will have their first date (in East Flat Rock):


Wandered among some kewl kitschy shops (East Flat Rock, NC):



Got on the Blue Ridge Parkway just south of Asheville and drove to Mt. Mitchell State Park:



Met the cutest puppy on the planet on the way up to the peak of Mt. Mitchell (he wouldn't hold still for a portrait)

Jumped off the Parkway and drove into one of my most favorite mountain towns, Black Mountain, NC, had a delish ice cream treat, supported the local arts community, and generally just wished I could stay there forever.

1 comment:

Pork Recipes said...

I enjoyed reading your post