Monday, August 29, 2011

Hello Monday!



I've got a bad case of the Mondays. My kitchen sink was leaking again. So I'm going to just replace the entire thing rather than fix it again (the leak is in the faucet). I've been wanting to do it for a while. So will be waiting on plumbers all week.

Last week of medical leave and I still can't walk through the grocery store without pain so not really looking forward to a couple 12 hour shifts.

Had a nagging other person's problem that I was trying to help with, thought I had fixed but the solution fell through. Turned to another person who has more experience and resources than I who should be just as invested in finding a solution only to be smacked down like a fact checker at a Tea Party rally.

Hunkering down and riding this day out.

3 comments:

Sharon said...

Ha! Well, Mondays can be like that. I hope your knee gets to healing fast, fast, fast so you can handle the long shifts. Either that or plan on strapping ice packs around your knee while you work.

As for advice, I try very hard not to give any unless it's asked for. So you should probably ignore the ice pack suggestion and carry on healing. That's not advice, that's an order!

JanetLee said...

No, ice packs are my friend and believe me, I've filled a clean bio hazard bag or two with ice and taped it to various body parts before. Those scrubs hide a multitude of secrets!

Sharon said...

Sounds like a good plan, then. I bring you this that a friend has sent me (I can SOOOO relate):
http://theoatmeal.com/comics/cat_vs_internet