Saturday, May 30, 2009

Saturday Snippets

Spent the morning running around like a crazy person, trying to get all my errands done so I can sit on my butt and not feel too guilty about it for the rest of the weekend. It is freaking muggy out there.


1. Why do people tail gate even when the car in front of them is doing slightly over the speed limit? It looks so stressful.

2. Why haven't I learned that any cat toy marketed as "guaranteed to drive cats wild" will be sneered at and ignored by my cats?

3. I have two projects going. One involves manual labor outside in the heat and the other involves sitting and reading research material. Which should I procrastinate the most on?

4. Why does Publix torment me with a "buy two for $5" on fresh raspberries? I can barely keep one package mold free before I eat them all, much less two. Yummy treat: drop a couple of fresh raspberries in a wine glass, fill with the reisling of your choice. Yumm-O!

Thor sez: I think you should play with us.


Pixel Peeper said...

That's how my Saturdays are spent, too!

Great idea about raspberries in a glass of wine - that sounds absolutely delicious.

Pat said...

Uh, Janet? You know you can just get the one box and Publix will charge you $2.50, right?

(I love raspberries! I'll take your other box if you want...)

JanetLee said...

Pix - I also use blackberries this way.

Pat - yes, I know. But I feel like I should buy two. I got one, took them all out, immediately ate any that were squished or squishy, then relined the box with a paper towel. Hopefully that will hold off the mold.