Tuesday, May 26, 2009

It Could Just Be That I'm Insane

I've decided that I want a patio off the back porch. So, of course, I have to do it myself because I can. Here is what it looked like:


This is what I did yesterday:


Next I'll put something down to kill off any grass roots still lurking about. Then I'll have to level the area and put down the pavers. This will probably have to wait until the weekend when I am off work again.

Eventually, I want to get a large arch to put out there and train that jasmine to grow on the arch, not my porch rail. Then I can put a bench or small glider under the arch and have a little hide-away spot.

Good thing is I used what I've learned in yoga while doing the work. So today, instead of my back being out of whack, I'm just horribly sore in the backs of my thighs and arms. And being sore in those spots makes one feel as if they've done themselves some good.

And don't you hate it when guests stop by unexpectedly at dinner time?

I hate to break it to her, but I didn't plant a container garden this year because she and her baby ate everything last year.

And continuing the crazy theme:

Loki sez: For Pete's Sake!

No comments: