Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Tuesday Afternoon

I woke up this morning around 8:15 and wanted to jump out of bed so I could rush and get ready to leave for yoga class at 9:00. I was actually disappointed when I realized it would be better to stay in bed and go back to sleep (I have to work tonight). I kept trying to convince myself that it would be okay, I could nap later (which I never can do and my brain knows this).

So in the end, I rolled back over and went to sleep for another couple hours, this time awaking with morning sweats most likely caused by having two cats using me as a heated cat bed.

Yesterday, I ran errands. Five stops in all. First stop, the sky was gray and cloudy, but I left the ginormous golf umbrella that Jason lent to me in the car. Came out, it was pouring rain. I wasn't parked that far away, so I hoisted my package (two shoe boxes -yes, with shoes inside) over my head and ran for it. Now, two shoe boxes in a plastic bag on any other day would have made an excellent emergency umbrella, but alas, it was raining sideways. By the time I reached my car, in less than 30 seconds, I was soaking wet. Ten seconds after I got in my car, it stopped raining.

Second stop, I hauled the twenty pound umbrella with me. No rain.

Third stop, same thing.

Fourth stop, same thing.

Fifth stop, the sun was out, figured it was safe. Safe enough. It was only sprinkling, like Mother Nature really, really had to work at wringing out some rain drops just to smite me and my overconfidence.

And I discovered this amazing site - tell me how much trouble I'm going to get in there! I saw a cat tree that I liked, scrolled down the page and it was $1000.00. Yikes.

Thor sez: And your problem would be? Do you expect us to keep this old thing forever?

No comments: