Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Tuesday Afternoon

I was on call last night which means I spent half the night sitting on sofa-zilla with Thor, flipping round and round through the channels, never finding anything to watch. I finally fell asleep around two a.m. After Jason got up, I went to bed and slept a few more hours. I hate being on call. I can't sleep. My brain has pulled the switch from day person to night person automatically. I get paranoid that I won't hear the phone ring if they need me to come in. It's not much fun.

But it does give me an "extra" day to do things, since I won't be sleeping until this afternoon.

I went to World Market yesterday but ended up spending all of my gift certificate on a travel bag. It looks like a newspaper carrier bag (shows how old I am, I remember the carrier walking down the streets, tossing papers out of a canvas bag). But this one is in black with a stripe of colorful fabric, a sort of Asian/Indian pattern of color, down the center. It's large enough to pack our food and what ever else I may want to carry on the plane with me.

And speaking of picnic lunch. Do you know how hard it is to find healthy food, worthy of being a meal and not a snack, that you can eat without a knife, fork or spoon and will pass airport security. Let's just say that you can't. Let's just say that I find it impossible to believe that it would be so hard to toss out a couple of sandwiches to the huddled masses crammed in the cheap seats. I'm not expecting a gourmet meal for Pete's sake. But a sandwich on a 3 1/2 hour flight over lunch time? I really don't think it's too much to ask.

Okay. Enough procrastination this morning. I have a mandatory meeting to attend. I hate and despise meetings. I am not a meeting person. Perhaps if meetings were run where information was presented, problems identified and solutions agreed upon, I could get to be a meeting person. But since they tend to be bitch sessions that go round and round and round and round and round the same issue over and over and over and over and over again, I find myself wanting to scream within minutes. I want ALL this time back at the end of my life.


Loki sez: I'm not over sensitive! Thor chewed my ear off! Look, I have NO EAR!

Mom note: Thor did not chew Loki's ear off. In fact the only injury I found on either of them was a broken claw on Loki's back paw.

1 comment:

Marcheline said...

That is one of the funniest pictures you've posted yet - and that is exactly what he's saying! HAR!

I used to work rotating shifts (8-4 for a week, 4-12 for a week, 12-8 for a week, lather, rinse, repeat). I can totally relate to your purgatorial sleep-free zone...

- M