Thursday, November 24, 2005

Ah Thanksgiving Day. Time to eat and watch parades. I hear some people watch football, but as I follow no sports, it remains a reported but unobserved custom in my home.

This year I am most thankful that Jason is cooking The Dinner. So far today I have: stubbed a toe, dropped an open jar of pickle relish, dropped half a salad on the floor and pinched a finger in the handle of a coffee cup. I seem to be having a Super-Klutz day. Could you see me pulling a thirteen pound turkey out of the oven?? Shades of "I Love Lucy".

But I am thankful. I'm thankful for my family who has to put up with me and my friends who choose to put up with me. I'm thankful for my job, which allows me the flexibility to write practically full time while still paying all my bills. I'm thankful my son is on a Navy ship in the Persian Gulf and not on the ground in Iraq or Afganistan. I'm thankful for the furballs who make me laugh every day. And mostly I'm thankful for Jason who really is the best guy in the world.

No comments: