Saturday, June 05, 2010

Smoked!

So, I left the house this morning for my neighborhood two mile walk. The heat index was close to 95 degrees or something and my left knee was feeling a little wobbly, so I was perhaps more accurately ambling up the street.

On the the back end of Church Creek, I hear someone coming up behind me, coming up sort of fast. I glanced back, expecting one of those joggers, you know the ones, the flat footed slapping down hard looking like dropping dead might be a little more fun than finishing their jog.

It was a little old lady, late 60's early 70's. Man, she passed me like I was standing still.

Hmmph, I thought, we'll see about that. I'll kick it up a notch when I hit Glendale. So, I kicked it up. She was about two blocks ahead of me by then.

Oh, just you wait, Granny, wait til I get to Pinehurst, then I'm going pour it on and pass your butt.

And I couldn't catch her! Never got within a block of her. Sly old fox.

But, she did bail on on Mona, which runs down the center of the neighborhood and I continued on and did the complete outer perimeter walk.

So there. Nanny nanny boo boo.

Loki sez: Wait. You were walking? On purpose? Was there a treat at the end?

No comments: