Tuesday, May 18, 2010

De Poezenboot

Oh, come on, people. Did you really think I could go almost a whole week without a major kitten fix? De Poezenboot (The Cat Boat) is a no-kill shelter that began in Amsterdam with a single woman taking in strays and grew into the shelter that today is moored on a canal on Singel.


There are older cats who will live the rest of their lives on the boat and cats who are up for adoption. I was wandering around, petting some of the older cats when this little charmer caught my attention by popping up out of her basket which was on the top level of a cat walk in the center of the boat.

She jumped down on my back, walked around my shoulders to snuggle in my arms and proceeded to purr and head-bump my face until I was wondering if, just maybe, I could sneak her through customs.

Hmm....looking a little smug there, young kitty. She had been adopted and was going to her new home the very next day.


The boyz say: We KNEW you were with another cat!!!!

3 comments:

Sharon said...

Oh, what a love! Hard to resist, I don't know how you did it.

JanetLee said...

Sharon - it was easier when I learned she had been adopted and was going to her new home the next day.

JanetLee said...

Sharon - who ever runs the twitter account for the Poezenboot saw this post and sent me a tweet saying Olivia is doing very well in her new home. Wasn't that sweet?