Monday, September 21, 2009

It Ain't Sgt. Pepper

Yes, I know today is the 20th anniversary of Hurricane Hugo tearing through the Charleston area. I remember. I was here. This is all I have to say about it:

If you think it was rough, try living through it with an active alcoholic/drug addict.

Wasn't the storm that gave me PTSD.

In other news, we finally watched Seven Pounds last night and I was crying my eyes out by the ending. Going to bed with sniffles is not conducive to sleep.

When I did sleep, I dreamed that my favorite Food Network cutie Duff Goldman had opened a farmer's market style fruit and veggie shop here in West Ashley and I quit my job to go work there.

Hey, he had pumpkins on sale for 0.99!

The fawnz say: Did some-one say pumpkin?

Thor sez: Oh no you did NOT just give those stupid herd creatures top billing over me!

4 comments:

Pat said...

Have you seen the fawns' mama recently?

JanetLee said...

Pat - yes. About a week after the first time I saw them out alone, she was with them. I suppose she lets them wander around a bit now that they are older.

Sharon said...

Duff! I love that show! I don't have cable TV right now (and no reception, either, so no TV at all, unless I want to watch it on the Web, which I don't have time for--but there is a DVD player and a nice, long Netflix queue), but I was so happy when I took care of my neighbor's cat during the summer for a couple of weeks and I could see Ace of Cakes again!

I fantasize about getting a cake from there someday. Y'know, after winning the lottery.

JanetLee said...

Sharon - I looked on their website and the "minimum" for a cake is $1000! I want to go work there, but I have no artistic talent, no baking skills and Mary Alice could take me if we arm wrestled for her job, so I'm pretty much out of luck.