Tuesday, September 22, 2009

I Think I'm Depressed.

It's hard to tell. Am I just over tired? Or is it something chemical going on? Which ever the true reason, that is why I'm so incredibly boring.

I just had a major flashback (after mistyping the word why above) to second or third grade when it was one of the spelling words we were being tested on. The teacher said the word aloud and we had to write it down. I froze on the word. All I could think of was the letter "y". I think it was the only time I ever missed a spelling word. I was very proud of my spelling abilities and it was a minor childhood trauma to not get a perfect grade, plus the bonus word.

Sigh.

The boyz say: You are overtired because you only sleep once a day. A body needs at least four or five naps a day.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is my spelling horror story.
In 4th grade at the beginning of the period Miss Johnson said "Today we are going to have a spelling Bee and if you can go the whole 55 minutes with anyone still standing I'll give you a party"....well I couldn't spell then and I still can't...but as you probably already guessed I was spelling when the bell rang at the end of the class and I spelled the word WRONG!!!! All my fault...NO PARTY!!!! The entire class booed!!
I am 61 years old....clearly it didn't bother me at all...nope not at all....thanks for reading..,
God Bless, Pam, South Bend

Heather Solos said...

In third grade I made it to one of last few rounds of the county spelling bee and misspelled sight. I spelled it site, clearly I was destined to work on the web.
I always get a little down this time of year.

Pam said...

I'm with you. I think it's something about the change in daylength - as the days grow shorter, we (or at least some of us) go into a pre-programmed hibernation mode of old. I was walking with a friend after work at Hamptom Park - and I said how if I could do anything at all right now, I would choose to do absolutely nothing. Now that is boring for sure.

Unknown said...

I live in Australia, the days are beginning to get longer and my mood is improving. I've spent the last few months hibernating, hating my job and my life and everything else in the world. It's called SAD (seasonal affective disorder?) and it sucks, but you'll be okay. You just haveto make it through winter :)