Friday, October 24, 2008

Gloom, Dispair and Agony on Me

Deep dark depression, excessive misery.....

Any one remember that? We were forced to watch Hee-Haw as children and I clearly remember laying on the floor, chin propped up in hands waiting for that bit and/or the cartoon pigs to dance across the bottom of the screen.

That probably explains a great deal about me.

I suppose it's the weather bringing the gloom to mind.

And what better than a ghost story on such a gloomy day, so close to Halloween?

I'm currently reading The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman. It's about a little boy who is raised by ghosts in a graveyard. It's a children's book, not quite YA. The story is enchanting.

Also reading A Midwife's Tale, a non-fiction book by Laurel Thatcher Ulrich. She has taken the diary kept by Martha Ballard between the years 1785-1812 and used it as a guide to explore different aspects of the community of Hallowell, Maine in that time period. Very interesting read.

Jason brought home a stack o' books to review so I'll probably start getting into them soon. (Isn't that just a biblioholic's dream come true? Free books brought right to the house?)

Cool rainy day, warm lap cats, good books.

Maybe it ain't so gloomy.

Loki sez: I'll be your little ray of sunshine!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Loki makes a purrfect sunshine ray!

I'd love to feature your blog on our up and coming cat blog contest on TheCatSite.com, if you're interested, could you please email me -

anne [at] thecatsite.com

Thanks!