Sunday, May 14, 2006

I am a bit discombobulated this morning. I am very German, I love my routines and my normal routine is completely out of whack. I was out sick from work on Friday, a rare thing, but fever plus stomach bug isn't something you tend to want to share with brand new humans. Then I went to work as usual Saturday, only to be sent home after four hours for low census. I was officially "on-call", meaning I had to go back if they needed me. I ended up sleeping on the couch because of my phobia about not hearing the phone ring if I am comfy in the bed. I woke up at seven a.m., sweating and covered in cats, Sutu sitting Snoopy-the-vulture-like on my chest, staring down at me, ever so politely asking if I had entertained any idea of feeding him as he was about to starve to death.

Then I went to bed and slept another couple of hours, because I am still working a 12 hour night shift tonight. But I feel completely at loose ends. I don't know what to do with myself during the daylight hours on a weekend.

The good part is that I actually get to go spend a couple of hours with my mom on Mother's Day, something I haven't been able to do in four years.

1 comment:

Charlestonjoan said...

Unpredictable business, eh. :) Enjoy mother's day.