Tuesday, March 06, 2012

This. Just This.

Last night at work, the subject strayed to the very early spring and warm weather. I made a joke that I was beginning to hate global warming because it forced me to begin shaving my legs more regularly.

There was some joking about hairy legs and I propped my right leg up on a chair and lifted my pants leg to the gasps of horror from my fellow co-workers.

And the first thing someone asked was, "What does JASON think about that?"

It reminded me of when I stopped coloring my hair and that was what everyone asked me, "What does Jason think about that?"

I had had enough of that particular question one night and told the asker, "Jason loves me, not my hair color."

And she said: "So he SAYS."

This is why Rush Limbaugh calls us sluts and prostitutes for using birth control.

This is why Congress can bring in a panel of old, mostly white, MEN to discuss women's health and not one person in the room thought, "Hmmm?"

This is why the current crop of GOP front runners can wage an all out war on women's rights in this nation.

Because we are still measuring our entire worth by what a man thinks about us sexually.

We are still denigrating each other for our choices and threaten each other with the loss of male sexual approval if we stray from what we think we should do to get a man.

But guess what, people? I'm sporting a little middle aged belly, have a completely white head of hair, I only shave every month or so, I'm completely lax about eyebrow waxing and make-up application. I dress almost exclusively in jeans, t-shirts and tennis shoes.

My fellow is nine years younger than me and he can't keep his hands off me.

Wanna know why? Because he loves me. He loves my sassy mouth and my snarky attitude and my big fat juicy brain cells, that's why.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

xoxoxo - Auntie Anon