Thursday, September 22, 2011

This is Why I Like Boys Better

(And girls who think like guys)

Problem. Solution. Apply solution. Move on.

Problem? Government dysfunction caused by the undue influence of money in the election system.

Solution: Get big money out of election process by establishing public campaign funding as the SOLE source of funding. Eliminate PAC's.

Apply solution.

See, everything else is theater designed to distract you from the fact that your government representatives are not yours but belong to the people who gave them the millions or billions they needed to get into office.

Forget the soundbites, the values espoused, the tears, the lapel pins, the talking points, the repeated phrases.

Forget all the fighting between ourselves that they love to set us up for because it distracts us from the real issue.

It's all about the money.

Thor sez: Hey! This is Thor's Day! Forget politics and look at me.

6 comments:

Mike said...

I like women. It has nothing to do with politics.

JanetLee said...

Yes, but do you like to listen to talk about buying shoes? Fat pants vs skinny pants? Where's the best place for a mani-pedi?

Snore.

Sharon said...

Um, okay, last I checked, I'm a woman and I don't talk about those things. And, in case you hadn't noticed, neither do you. You talk about real stuff.

Well, okay, and you talk about cats. But that is real stuff!

Anonymous said...

I don't talk about that "stuff" either.....

JanetLee said...

That's probably why I like y'all.

Heather Solos said...

The only time I talk about clothes is to ensure I'm not embarrassing myself in public. . .